“To create an enabling knowledge driven environment for local mass production of standard parts, goods and services required for the nation’s technology advancement”.
The Mandate of NASENI is specifically in the area of capital goods research, production and reverse engineering with respect to the folowing six broad areas:
- Engineering materials (notably irons, steel, non-ferrous metal and alloys, plastics, glass, ceramics, polymer, electronics and nanotechnology);
- Industrial and analytic chemical materials inluding industrial gases;
- Scientific equipment and components for education, research and industry;
- Engineering accessories (mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and electronic);
- Power equipment (generation, transmission, distribution, prime movers); and
- Mechanical Engineering tools (power tools, hand tools, cutting tools and machine tools).